Friday, December 5, 2008

lost in the valley without my horses, no one can tell me what my remorse is

at grad pub today, comment made by one of our party: "look around us! we're the most unhappiest group here!"

please note this is a gathering of graduate students; to look unhappy amongst a group of graduate students is an achievement.

To quote George Orwell, "You know you have reached the dogs. And you can stand it. That alone, gives you a sense of peace."

RHCP's "She looks to me" is beautiful...

"down on the bathroom she searches for another light, she looks to me, she looks to me"

"It looks to me like heaven sent this for your roughest night"

Why is it that sorrow is often beautiful and happiness ridiculous?

1 comment:

shakester said...

I have probabl pondered that so many times that I have stopped bothering with the question, knowing there aremany answers, and none. Tragedy and sadness is so much more captivating. Sometimes, even inspiring.