Friday, June 12, 2009

Punchline

I don't know if you've seen the documentary The Story of India, it's on PBS, and excellently made.

Well, anyway, one of the things I learned from this was that all non-Africans owe their heritage to some Indians who walked out of Africa presumably. Whoever does these things, has traced a gene found amongst all inhabitants in a village in Tamil Nadu that apparently the rest of the world - apart from Africa - shares, though in diluted form.

So at lunch, talking to Geret (in my year and who's American though of Dutch descent - 4th generation) I told him about this particular fact. Then the thought struck:

"So, my friend, you see, you're Indian.

Who's your daddy now, huh?"

ha ha ha ha ha

postscript: in North Carolina, Indians are treated as Caucasians. Fact!

No comments: