Saturday, May 5, 2012

monotonicity

It's always fun to wake up to music, to sleep to it, something in your brain unlocks.

This youtubing of all songs has nearly destroyed an activity I used to indulge in; of sleeping to an album. I wonder how many people do it.

That's all for now, I guess. I agreed to do some random poster presentation this week, don't ask me why. Spreading the gospel, I describe the motivation to one co-graduate student.

Blogger is now offering me all sorts of exciting statistics, so this deals a slight slap to my deliberate I don't want to know my readers philosophy, the handful that there are. Surprise, surprise the largest amount of traffic comes via the two blogs that list this bit of the internet vacuum in their "blogroll".

Asking my advisor about what "editorial review" he says it is "at least mildly better" than a desk reject. This is a phrase falling straight out of intro micro economics on the relations of preference, but it is at least mildly poetic. So my article is now being read by greater powers.

I will write about my Delhi visit. Some highlights: the girls are dressing better, although some of the skirts on the school girls are of questionable intent; the food remains excellent *sigh*; Hauz Khas Village (or "HKV" as one of my friends put it, I spent 20 minutes searching for "HKV restaurant/pub/bar" before getting back to said friend) is a revelation both good and bad; DU/CP/Khan remains mostly the same with Khan sliding more; the roads were unrecognizable for the most part; I didn't hate Gurgaon this time; heard all the item numbers with more attention that they perhaps deserve, this unbridled sexuality seems a revolution, Dibakar Banerjee claims its the easiest way to claim progress without really doing anything.

No comments: