Monday, May 5, 2008

Memory Song

Sometimes when I hear music, I think back to where and when I heard the song the first time. And the same feeling comes back.

Like for eg, when I hear Deep Purple I remember this guy I used to play guitar with some 7 years ago...when I hear Spin Doctors it reminds me of driving to dschool...music and memory form a powerful bond in my mind.

I think thats probably where I differ from most in my music sensing ability - apart from just the song or the moment I heard it, there is a sum there greater than the parts made of it. There is a strange feeling that takes hold, and people who've seen me during those moments are always taken aback. At times, I can know just exactly what the band playing is going to do without having heard the song before. It's like I can feel the sound.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey nice post. Can't say I've seen you in your moments when you sense the music, though, unless that's how you explain the way you dance...